Professionally built by “The Hot Rod Garage” (HRG) of Denton, MD, this 1948 Chevrolet 3100 pickup will not disappoint anyone looking to own a high quality, eye-catching, reliable, and FAST mode of transportation to go cruising or take across the country. The pickup will also be appearing as a feature article in a future issue of Classic Truck magazine.
HRG started with a stock rust free body and frame and then custom made every other component that went into this Moss Green ride. No expense was spared in building this truck, and the receipts are included to prove it. It was completed in 2013 and has logged 18,000 miles on the odometer. Always well maintained and garage kept.
The 500+ horsepower 383 c.i. small block Chevrolet (dyno sheets included) built by Pro-Formance of Asbury Park, N.J. never misses a beat and is backed by a 700R4 transmission built by the FLA based Monster Transmissions. All of that power is transmitted to the pavement with a 9” Ford rear, using a Detroit locker, Richmond 4.10:1 gears and Cal-Trac’s traction system.
Everything works from the Vintage Air A/C and Kenwood stereo to the power rack and pinion steering. Power brakes (disc front, drum rear)
Owner is selling to build a new project
- Body & Paint
- As mentioned previously, body and frame are stock. Numerous hours were spent blocking and sanding the body before applying the Hot Rod Flatz Moss Green.
- Every piece of weather stripping, glass, and chrome (inside and out) are new.
- Engine & Transmission
- 383 c.i. Chevy small block stroker built by Pro-Formance Automotive.
- Eagle crank and rods
- Speed Pro pistons
- ARP main bolts (4)
- Custom Comp Cams Hydraulic roller cam @0.50 246/254
- Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads #185
- Edelbrock black NASCAR Performer intake
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Holley electric fuel pump
- Manley pushrods
- Ceramic coated long tube headers
- 2 ½” SS Exhaust system w/Flowmaster mufflers
Cooling components fan and shroud (even in the heat of the summer with the A/C running, the engine temperature stays at 198 degrees.
- 700R4 built by Monster transmissions: 3.06:1 (first) and 0.70:1 (fourth)
- Parts include:
- Suspension & Frame
- Stock frame boxed
- Speedway independent front suspension
- Power Mustang II rack & pinion steering
- Ford 9” differential by ‘John’s of Michigan’
- 4.10:1 Richmond gears w/Detroit locker
- Cal-Trac traction bar system
- Hurst line-loc
- Power brakes (11” disc front; drum rear)
- Tires: 205 x 60R x 16 (front)
275 x 65R x 16 (rear)
- Custom seat from a late model Chevrolet pickup (sectioned to fit)
- New Vintage USA (NVU) gauges
- Ididit tilt wheel
- Vintage Air A/C (controls in glove box)
- Wiring by American Wire
- Kenwood 200-watt stereo
I am listing this vehicle as a representative (broker) for the owner. All photographs and videos were taken by me. All of the information presented was given to me by the owner. All questions will be directed to me and answered in a timely manner.
DEPOSITS ARE DONE THROUGH PAYPAL AND ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
PAYMENT IS TO BE MADE BY WIRE TRANSFER OR CASH.
CASHIER’S CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED BY MAJOR NATIONAL BANKS, BUT CHECK MUST CLEAR BEFORE TITLE AND BILL OF SALE ARE RELEASED.
IN PERSON INSPECTION OF THE VEHICLE IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
FEEL FREE TO CALL OR TEXT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS @ 410-937-0719… J.D.
Vehicle is no longer covered under manufacturer warranty, it will be sold as-is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgment solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer’s request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.
PLEASE BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
I have been an active eBay seller of cars and other items for since 2002 and maintained a close to a 100% rating during most of that period. Around 2011 I started an online service assisting owners of Classic, Vintage, and Muscle cars to sell their vehicles without them leaving the garage. These are private individual owners who do not want to deal with the public and all of the endless phone calls, “Tire kickers”, and other nonsense that goes on when trying to sell a car. They just want someone to sell it!!
References can be provided upon request. Feel free to call me at 410-937-0719